If there is one thing an office can’t go without, it’s coffee. The delicious fuel behind countless employees’ days has become an office staple. This is why many have turned to creating an office coffee station. A designated area for employees to go and make their drinks. Read on to learn how to set up your workplace station.
Why have an office coffee station?
An office coffee station provides many benefits for the workplace. Here are just some of them:
- Boosts productivity: Many employees rely on coffee to help them stay alert and focused throughout the day. Having a coffee station in the office makes it easier and more convenient for employees to access coffee, helping them stay productive.
- Improves morale: A coffee station creates a sense of community amongst employees. It is a nice break from the work day and encourages socialisation. It is also seen as a perk, which boosts morale and job satisfaction.
- Save time and money: Having to leave the office to get coffee throughout the day takes up valuable time and costs money. This is an inconvenience for employees that can be remedied with a coffee station.
- Promote health and wellness: Despite the name, these stations are not just for coffee. Most offer options for tea, hot water and other healthy beverages. This can encourage employees to make healthier choices throughout the day.
Overall, an office coffee station is a simple but effective way to improve the workplace environment and provide multiple benefits to employees!
What do you need at your station?
For the perfect office coffee station, you need the right equipment. Here are the essentials:
- Coffee machine: An office coffee machine is the most essential part of your station. Depending on the size of your office you may need more than one. There are many options to choose from, look out for machines with multiple drink options and a high capacity.
- Coffee beans: The second most important element is the coffee itself. A high-quality coffee that can be bought in bulk is a good option. Consider offering a variety of blends to accommodate different tastes. A fairtrade coffee is also a better choice, environmentally.
- Cups and stirrers: There is a choice between using recyclable cups and stirrers or mugs and spoons. A large quantity of these should be on hand for employees to utilise. If going for mugs and spoons a dishwasher is advisable.
- Milk and sugar: Make sure to have a supply of milk, sugar and sweeteners to accommodate all tastes!
- Other beverages: Not all employees will drink coffee so other popular options include tea and hot chocolate. Some offices may also have syrups and biscuits available, allowing workers to have more options.
- Fridge: A fridge is essential to keep disposables safe. This can also be used by employees to store food or drinks brought from home.
- Cleaning equipment: Keeping the station clean and hygienic is important and spillages are inevitable. Paper towels, cleaning wipes and spray should all be on hand for staff to use.
How to set up your office coffee station from scratch
Setting up the perfect workplace coffee station is a relatively simple process. Here are the steps to follow:
Choose a location
You will need to pick a location in the office that is suitable to create the station. A place that has enough space for all the equipment and for people to gather. It also needs to be a location easily accessible to all staff. Ideally in a communal area, such as a lounge. Ensure a sufficient amount of electrical outlets are near.
This step also involves establishing a budget. This will determine which equipment you opt for and how many extras you buy. The essentials mentioned before should be purchased initially and then additions can be considered.
Set up equipment
Place the equipment in a way that makes sense to employees. Storage options for drinks, mugs and cutlery will be needed. Many offices have teabag storage boxes that are useful for saving counter space and also look aesthetically pleasing. Shelving, drawers and cupboards are also good for storing various equipment. Wall-hanging shelves are a popular option for mugs and coffee.
Decorating is not a step to be overlooked. The station should be a place that employees feel comfortable and enjoy departing to. Consider the decor of the rest of the office and how the station can fit into it.
To ensure the station operates in a smooth way there should be clear procedures. All employees should be trained in how to safely use all the equipment. Also where to find supplies and how to effectively clean the station.
Maintain the station
Once the station is set up it is important to maintain. Regularly clean and maintain the equipment to ensure it is functioning properly. Refill supplies as needed and monitor inventory to ensure you always have enough on hand.
So now you have all the information you need to set up your office coffee station. To learn more helpful tips and tricks in all things coffee get in touch with us today.